Monday, May 26, 2008

Spring Raku Evenings . . .


Well, I fired up my re-lined raku kiln for the first time this weekend and I am happy to say that I am back in business...I am looking forward to getting my growing stockpile of wares fired and to get some more raku jewelry underway as well...It was a beautiful day to raku...as I was getting all of my raku gear out of my shed, I ran into the culprit of last year's shredded raku kiln living in my shed again...he was very brazen and even waited while I went to grab my camera...


below is a picture of my platform for the raku kiln made up of cinder block and then fire brick...

That's me placing the red hot 1700 degree pottery into the can of combustibles . . .Fun Fun!


And the prize shot of the evening . . . "Hot Pants" . . . a lot of hazardous gas expulsion around Raku jokes and headlines were tossed around with this shot...but thankfully I am not really on fire or emitting fire...just a cool accidental double exposure shot of me while I was running around ;-)

Raku vessels waiting for glazing . . .


One of the finished bowls below . . . this one just got listed in my etsy store!

To learn more about the Raku process and philosophy, you can check out my Raku web page...

No comments: