Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tiger Lily Dream . . .

Finally springtime is here! I have been very busy in the garden and cleaning up the wetlands ... The purple loosestrife is really taking over and I am trying to pull them out by hand now. It is such a shame that it is such an invasive species as it is so beautiful in bloom in august...It has gotten so out of control over the last 5 years, we can hardly see the creek at all now in the winter, all you see is the dead loosestrife plants. We have seen a lot of frogs this year so far as well as small fish and newts. The other day, we actually saw a common brown watersnake ambush an unsuspecting frog that had been sunning on the side of the creek....fortunately for the frog, he was too large a meal for the snake to put down and after 20 minutes, the snake finally let him go...


On the art front, I have been working more on my wetland series of paintings . . . I have finally posted this ceramic/art piece up for sale in my etsy shop, sometimes it takes me awhile to part with them . . . it is a large slab formed hand-painted tile inspired by the tiger lillies...the back is constructed so that the piece can be hung directly on a wall, or of course it can be displayed on an easle or actually installed as a tile...

No comments: