Friday, August 29, 2008
Well, I think my pyrometer is not working....the other day, I mixed up a batch of new glazes and the results were not what I had expected....they were nice actually, but just nothing like they were supposed to be. So I was trying to figure out what could have gone wrong...I decided to try doing a firing based on my old time method instead...pulled the pieces exactly 30 minutes after firing up and I managed to pull a few very nice new pieces! Always a nice way to end a raku session! So now I am trying to figure out if my pyrometer is broken, or if I am just not using it correctly, which is always a possibility! Also brought a bunch of new stuff, mostly stoneware to Artful Deposit in Bordentown...Paintings are on the way there too, just need to get the framing finished! These 2 raku pieces here have been listed in my etsy shop!
Posted by ericka lyn o'rourke at 7:52 PM