Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy winter days . . .

I could do a painting on this new bowl....I get so lost in the glazes.....Will this rain ever end? I am on an endless and thus far extremely unsuccessful mission to find a good pizza dough recipe. I have tried at least 20. I thought maybe it was my oven wasn't hot enough, but last week, I bought frozen pizza dough and the results were amazing.......so I know it is possible......I have tried bread flour vs all purpose, sugar vs no sugar...today's attempt was from an Italian Farmhouse cookbook and called for 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil...it rose beautifully and looked and felt wonderful......but the results were a very dense dough.......pretty bad actually....if you know of any good pizza dough recipes that work, please send them my way.

No comments: