Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Walnford Winter


December 15th...65 degrees? After spending the day working in my garden yesterday, today I decided to stay home to get some painting done for an upcoming show. Outside my studio window now, huge snowflakes fall...finally winter...maybe, who really knows....still, I can't say I didn't enjoy getting one last full day of unexpected gardening in yesterday...I moved about a dozen perennials, divided a few, cleaned up a bunch of dead stuff, scattered some seeds and cleared out litter blown into the wetlands...I was hoping to move just one more tree today before the ground froze up again, but mother nature has other ideas it seems...so it will have to wait. In the meantime, this picture is one of my photos I took for reference a few winters ago. It is a well know scene around my neck of the woods...The Historic Walnford Mill in Upper Freehold, NJ. This image will be featured as a limited edition of 25 signed prints available at the Winter Group Show at the Artful Deposit Gallery in Bordentown, NJ in early 09...more details on the show dates and times to come (to pre-order by phone, you can call the gallery directly at 609-298-6970.)

2 comments:

Nicole Hyde said...

What beautiful work you do! I'll check back often and thanks so much for the kind comment on my Finders! Keepers? Art Project blog.

Happy New Year!

Lynne Anderson (raku4u) said...

What a peaceful, absolutely lovely scene......a feast for the soul!