Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Hope"



I just delivered this piece to Laurita Winery to replace the one that sold at the Allentown Art Guild's  "Hope" opening. It is a mixed-media painting on a clay slab that I had carved and drawn into with found natural materials..twigs, leaves and such. Iron oxide washes are painted on then rubbed off to bring out the textures and lines. After the second firing, I paint on the slab. The final slab attached to a piece of framed painted wood with a muti-mastic adhesive and reinforced with hand sewn copper wires through holes on the piece originally intended for that. This piece will be on display and available for purchase at Laurita through January 8th 2010.

1 comment:

Jude Harzer said...

Ericka, I especially love these recent works! You are merging texture,pattern and color beautifully and seem to be "painting" in clay!I love it! See you next week!
oxox
Jude