Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer Inspiration . . .

Yes . . . . . . . .  I have been on summer vacation, mentally, physically, and technologically . . . I am trying to get my internal creative clock, which prefers to operate on night hours ready for the undesired but obligatory early rise that must begin in a few more days. It is bittersweet. I am more than ready to be able to spend uninterrupted time in the studio and feel autumn's breeze (a little rain would be nice too). . . but I am not completely ready yet for the daily grind of lunch prep, homework, and forcing myself to get to bed at a reasonable hour, so I can keep it up.  It has been a wonderful summer outside of the weather though. After recharging my inspiration lakeside at a beautiful log cabin in Maine, I received news of acceptance into the The Trenton City Museum at the Ellarslie Mansion's first  Ceramics Invitational Selected Artists Exhibtion.
I will displaying 3 of my clay paintings as well as a bowl in the exhibit . . .
The exhibition will run this fall from
November 13, 2010 – January 2, 2011
Opening reception November 13 ~ 7-9 pm
Hope to see you at the opening!
Ericka

Branch Lake, Ellsworth, Maine

Our cabin . . .

Tidepool inspiration

An awesome visit with Mark Bell in Blue Hill!

Beautiful evening meditation . . . 

Amazing lichen found off Parker Point, Blue Hill . . . 
If you are observant, you may see this exact texture in some of my upcoming work and jewelry!

First time I ever had these yummy Maine currants . . . from the Blue Hill Co-Op.
They look like pearls!



1 comment:

Phorphip said...

Wow! I just looked at Mark Bell's website. What great little pots. Very inspiring, thanks!